Sunday 9 December 2012

Pre-ADE jitters

So here I am on a Sunday afternoon, having just made Christmas paper chains with the kids and watching a battering tropical storm assault our balcony for the second time today - which even for KL, is a little unusual.

My head is swimming with items to complete for my ADE application, including tidying up a few links to my iTunes U courses, looking through transparency text boxes in wordpress for an idea I have for a parental portal for GIS, and, erm, shooting the actual video for the ADE application.  I have at least storyboarded it but when I read other ADE applicants who had posted online at just how much time it takes up, I did wonder whether it was them being a bit like a Fresher student, or whether or not it really did eat into you soul.  And my soul has been gorged upon like an, er,  half-bitten apple.  Or something.
The ultimate purpose of applying for ADE status has been self-improvement, and I know a huge amount more about iTunes U Course Manager, iMovie themes and transitions, iBooks author and Garageband as a result of going for this.  So I guess even if I fail to make the (gr)ADE then at least I can be satisfied that I have learned plenty of techie things that otherwise would have been placed in the file marked 'non essential so put them off awhile'.
Failing that I could try instead to create a Christmas decorations app and spread the decoration love over the festive season...nope too late...

No comments:

Post a Comment