Sunday 11 November 2012

earcos expanded

So here I am once more trying to pull together some coherence to what I picked up at earcos.

Somewhat delayed by a variety of projects, including the potentially huge logistical headache of gmail migration across the entire school, continuing with the e-portfolios that we have launched via google sites, buying and rolling out a robust wifi solution for the school, same with iPads, oh and also trying to get my head around applying for the Asia ADE that has just sprung forth from apple.

In fact it is not so much the number of projects, but the sheer volume of information that I have come across in the last few weeks or so.  I have now re-visited this blog for example after a year out, but I have also gone back to my twitter account @Steve-T_Online and I am liking it a whole lot more than Facebook.  Something about 140 characters that condenses the mind.  I am also being pulled aside by iTunes U - in the midst of developing a course about Systems Life Cycle (yes I know) for my Year 11 students, but I am also distracted by several courses about Philosophy and induction/causality - of which my favourite is this one.   Peter Millican is everything that my best Philosophy lecturers were back in the day 20 years ago - a gentle, musing style masking a vast brain.

I also had some time to reflect with SLT colleagues at earcos and I am also conscious that, more than at any time I have encountered in the last 20 years, we are standing at a crossroads in terms of education, and what on earth happens to it in the future.  So let's go...

No comments:

Post a Comment